Before the next baby boy makes his way into our home, I need to update on my boys, so memories will not be forgotten. Preston is still referred to as Preppy in our home. I'm pretty sure this nickname isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He has a few other nicknames given to him by his dad and brother, but Preppy is universal with friends and family.
We had Preston's tongue clipped during the summer and after just a few weeks we started noticing a big change in his speech. He was saying new words, and forming new sounds that he hadn't ever said before. He still has a long ways to go, but I really feel like he's making some great progress and even saying short sentences. Believe it or not, he never even said no until the last week in August. He said many other words before he'd say no, and so when he finally said it we just thought it was so cute. The cuteness of "no" has now warn off! He also now says "yes," which we are also excited about. Another huge improvement is he will try and repeat any word or sound that we say. Before, he would not, or could not do it. He has learned to say Michael as well, but he actually only refers to Michael as "Ow!" I definitely don't consider that a coincidence. As a mother, I have been very concerned with having his speech delayed, but I realize every child is different, and some need more time, or even more help. I thought when we got his tongue clipped it would mean that he wouldn't spit food out anymore, but I was wrong. He loves apples, but he won't swallow them. He chews and chews and then spits it all out. It doesn't matter if I peel it either. He does this with a number of foods, and it is really annoying. I'm thinking it is something to do with a sensory problem.
Preston loves cheese and asks me for it all day long! I am trying to wean him off of his sippy cup because the other thing I heard all day long was ba ba ba ba ba. He loves his sippy cups full of milk too much! He is ready to be potty trained so I figured this is a great time to get him off of it. Speaking of potty training, I really need to work with him because he was doing so good a couple of weeks ago, but then I got hugely pregnant, and I didn't feel like it. If I can get him potty trained before the baby comes, then it will be a miracle, and I will be so happy to not have to buy diapers for two kids again.
Preston loves his stuffed animal dog that he got for Christmas. He lays in bed and picks the fuzz off of it and stuffs it up his nostrils. Not sure why he does this, but I think he loves the feeling of the fuzz in his nose, and then he just leaves it in there. He only does this during naps and bedtime, so hours later I will see brown fuzz up there and have to pull it out.
He is currently trying to cut his two year molars, and I really wish they would hurry up before the baby comes. Why does teething have to take so long? Preston copies everything Michael does. He loves his big brother and wants to be just like him. For the longest time Preston just put up with everything that Michael did to him, but he has finally had enough and now he doesn't put up with any gruff. He definitely has a feisty side to him, so watch out! Preston's terrible two's are still much easier then Michael's though. I have some friends who's children don't throw temper tantrums. My children definitely don't fit under the category of mild mannered. I guess that can only be blamed on myself and Kyle!
Preston is not good during the first hour of church. AT ALL. He absolutely loves nursery, and he has the BEST teachers. We are so lucky that he has such great teachers. They go above and beyond every week.
One of Preppy's favorite past times is lifting up my layers of clothing and blowing raspberries on my stomach. He would do this for a long time if I let him. He is actually really good at it, but it leaves my stomach a slobbery mess.
Preston hates it when I drop Michael off at preschool or at a friends house. He knows that he's missing out on the fun and he cries for a long time afterwards. Thanks to lots of extra doctor's appointments, Preston is going to have the opportunity to have his own play dates with friends. He is so happy when I ask him if he wants to go play at a friends house. He actually had his first alone play date last week when I was at the doctor and Michael was at preschool, and he gets to do another one tomorrow. Lucky him!
We love Preppy so much, and he really is the sweetest boy. He loves his family and we love him!
3 comments:
It seemed like only yesterday that Preston was born! And ok, this is going to sound crazy, but I have to share it. My MIL gave me the COOLEST stuff to get rid of bruises. You can kiss those goose eggs goodbye if you use Arnicare right when it happens and then keep applying every few hours after. Amazing stuff! I use it on myself because I am always running into things at home and I keep it handy for the kids. Here's the link:
http://www.arnicare.com/
Ok, commercial over.
ummmmm...so preston's a kid now?! whoa! my little birthday twin. he'll always have a special place in my heart.
We love Preston, too!!!
Post a Comment