Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No Sleep

Thanks to my extra large state of pregnancy I can't sleep lately, especially tonight.  I think I'm extra anxious because I have an appointment tomorrow.  I have been Googling (never a good thing in the middle of the night) my condition and I can't find anyone who says they measure 6 weeks ahead like I have been.  Most are measuring at the most 4 weeks ahead, and that's usually earlier on and then they taper off.  I'm feeling unprepared.  So much to do, and really have no idea when the baby will come, so I need to get prepared so I can relax my brain.  I've been feeling some slight labor pains the last couple of days.  I'm hoping they are false labor pains.  Nothing consistent, but still enough to make me wonder what's going to happen.  There are still 5 weeks before the baby is supposed to be here.  I also am feeling anxious because I really want my doctor to deliver my baby, but I know the chances of that are so slim since I go to a clinic and he is only on call once a week.  Wish me luck with that!  We love my doctor, and have been lucky to have him deliver Michael and Preston, now to see if we can be just as lucky with #3.

A really funny thing happened to me yesterday.  I took Michael to get his glasses adjusted and one lady who works there is a very large woman.  She says to me, "You look humongous!"  I could have said a lot of things back, but honestly it was so funny to me, I was just trying not to laugh.  I said, "I agree!"  She's right though, I do look humongous.  I need to have Kyle take a picture of me so you can see for yourself.

Things I need to do before baby comes:
Switch Preston into Michael's room so they can get used to sleeping in the same room
Find a name for this baby boy!  Pretty much it comes down to Kyle not liking my names.  Suggestions?  
Wash baby clothes
Buy a soft baby blanket
Get a new outfit for the baby (I haven't bought one thing)
Stock up on new baby items
Buy nursing bras since I threw all mine away after Preston.  Anyone have brands they like?
Get my hair cut (doing this tomorrow night, it's been 6 months, gross!)
Take my broken cellphone in to get fixed
Paint furniture in nursery
Find a glider that is comfortable and not outrageously priced
And...a million other things!

Please baby, wait at least 3 full weeks before you come so I can get a few things crossed off this list!

2 comments:

Cajsa said...

Let me help you out Chelsea. Whatever I can do let me know.Need a sitter? I can come over and watch the boys. Just call me!

NaDell said...

Target had some good maternity bras. I don't know much about selection because I sent Andy to get me a few after I had Abby (the others were in terrible condition), but Motherhood Maternity had a sports bra that I wear at night for less than $15. I like it.
Good luck! (I love the humongous lady telling you that you are. You should have challenged her to a race!)